If you are an experienced skydiver looking to take your jumping higher, look no further. SkyDance SkyDiving offers HALO training and jumps for first time and repeat HALO skydivers. HALO jumps are truly spectacular. The combination of extended freefall, special equipment, and extreme exposure to the elements offers an unforgettable experience that is both challenging and rewarding.
SkyDance SkyDiving generally offer a three day HALO course in May and September (Friday-Sunday course). The Friday class involves a review of the physiology of HALO jumping as well as familiarization and fitting of special O2 equipment. This is followed by practice jumps from 13,000’ while using the HALO equipment and techniques. Then first thing on both Saturday and Sunday mornings, loads will be flown up to 30,000’!
Our May 19-21,2017 course is currently full. Keep an eye out for our next course in September and feel free to contact Manifest any time to be kept in the loop if slots open up sooner. Sign up now for our next HALO course in September!”
You must meet the following prerequisites to sign up for an Experienced HALO skydive:
- Hold a valid USPA Clicense or foreign equivalent.
- Hold a valid FAA class 3 medical certificate or equivalent.
- Have no facial hair other than a mustache in order for the oxygen mask to properly seal.
- Have an airworthy, safe rig with an AAD installed.
SkyDance SkyDiving will provide all specialized HALO equipment including O2, mask, helmet, goggles, altimeter, and balaclava. You must provide your own parachute system (see above) warm clothing, closed shoes/boots, jumpsuit, and gloves.
How Much does it cost?
- 30,000’ first time HALO Jump: $650 (Includes two practice jumps from 13,000’)
- 30,000’ experienced HALO Jump: $575 (with documented experience of having made a HALO jump here at SkyDance in the past).
Can I reserve a slot for a HALO Jump?
Reservations are required at least one month in advance. A $100, nonrefundable deposit is required at the time you make your reservation. Full payment is required two weeks prior to the jump or your slot may be forfeited ! Otherwise, there is a $50 additional fee if not prepaid.